5 Products Advance Design and Construction wants you to consider before planning your remodel or new build home in Tahoe.
Congratulations! You've decided to take the plunge and are either building a new home or remodeling a current home in the Lake Tahoe Region. Whether this will be your primary home or a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of your 'every day life', here are 5 items that Advance Design and Construction believes will make your home truly a place you never want to leave
1. NanaWalls. Tahoe is a place to be savored. From the stunning sunset colors over Lake Tahoe to the breathtaking beauty of a stand of Aspens, you want your home to showcase the beauty of the outdoors. The NanaWall system folds completely to the side and creates a seamless integration between indoors and out. With the NanaWall, you can fully enjoy your surroundings while at the same time keeping your home warm and comfortable when a snow storm rages outside.
2. Lutron Electrical Systems: In this age of technology, having a 'smart home' should be at the top of every new build or remodel list. The Lutron system has the power to transform any space with light and sound as well as security, at the touch of a button. You can control the light, shade and sound levels in a single room or throughout your whole home using a hand-held remote, wall-mounted keypad, tabletop control, iPad or Android. Your security system can also be connected into one easy to use system along with your lighting and sound functions. In addition, as of the first of 2017, the Lutron system can be connected with Amazon's Alexa or Sonos wireless speakers. All from the comfort of your seat in front of the fireplace.
3. Smart Appliances: Along with your Lutron system, you'll want to look at the new smart appliances hitting the market. Sharp is introducing a new line of smart appliances called the "Next Gen Smart Zone": Not content with simple notifications or a remote on/off button, Sharp's giving its new smart appliances at least one unique smart feature. Sharp rolled out a new oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and washing machine, each with Wi-Fi connectivity that goes beyond the basics of checking statuses and hitting start. LG has also entered the fray with the Smart Instaview Door-in-Door Fridge with a translucent door panel that doubles as a fully loaded Windows 10 tablet, complete with Cortanavoice controls.
4. Warmly Yours Radiant Heated Floors: Unlike the smart technology noted above, in-floor radiant heating is not new to home building. But, radiant floors are an unsung hero, especially in a four season climate. There is nothing better then coming home from a day of skiing, your feet chilled from those uncomfortable ski boots and being able to pad barefoot onto your warm bathroom floor as you head towards the shower. From the end of your ski day to those first cold steps the next morning, your radiant heated bathroom floor is worth every penny.
5. An outdoor fire pit: The outdoors is the places to be in Tahoe. With over 300 sunny days a year, spending time outside is always a highlight. You can continue your enjoyment into the evening and throughout the winter with a fire pit. Snuggled under a blanket with a fire pit warming your surroundings your fire pit creates a conversation are and is the perfect way to enjoy your company and unwind under the stars.
Jeff Miller, President of ADC and his team of fine home builders and partners